BECOME A NEW MEMBER
To be eligible, an individual should be pursuing an active full-time career in academic pediatrics as a faculty member at a teaching institution in Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Western Pennsylvania (including Pittsburgh), Manitoba, or Saskatchewan.
- Abstract submission to the Scientific Meeting.
- Registration discount for the Scientific Meeting.
- Society voting rights. (Full Members).
- May be elected to serve as a member of the Midwest SPR Governance (Full Members).
- Engaged in pediatric research.
- Work in these areas:
United States: Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Western Pennsylvania.
Canada: Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
- Members of the SPR in the Midwest Region receive complimentary MSPR membership.
- Members of APS and previous members of the Midwest SPR do not require sponsorship. Membership is automatic upon MSPR dues payment.
- Membership is granted upon approval of the MSPR Membership Committee Chair and MSPR dues payment.
Full and Affiliate Membership Requirements
- Affiliate membership is available to individuals in full-time academic positions who have a post-graduate degree (Masters, MD and/or PhD) involved in research e.g., Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Neonatal Nurse Practitioner, Master of Public Health or Pediatric Physician Assistant.
- Author of at least one scientific paper published in a peer reviewed journal. (First author position required for Full membership candidates).
- Current curriculum vitae.
- Letter of support from a Full MSPR member.
- Available to fellows and residents who are currently enrolled in a pediatric training program and junior faculty within 3 years of fellowship.
- Requires a letter of verification from a Program Chair or Director.